Teaching School Alliances (TSA)
Gilmorton Chandler Primary is a Strategic Member of the Thomas Estley Learning Alliance (TELA). (disclaimer: We have no control over the content of external websites.)
All schools who are part of the teaching school alliances benefit from effective support to improve learning outcomes for pupils and continued professional development of teachers and potential teachers. This is achieved through:
- Improved professional development opportunities for staff
- Access to a wide range of professional support from other teachers
- Recruitment and retention of talented staff, including NQTs
- Additional income from traded activities
- Cost savings through shared functions
- Access to grants to support Teaching Schools
- Improved leadership and teaching standards which yield improved outcomes for children
If you would like to find out more about the Teaching School Alliances and how they can help you meet your teaching aspirations, then here for TELA. (disclaimer: We have no control over the content of external websites.)
The Teaching School Alliance also benefit from our wealth of expertise gained through numerous years of supporting other schools, not just in the local area, but also further afield.
Our ability to share expert knowledge and skills has been recognised by the awarding of:
- National Support School status for the school; and
- National Leader in Education status for our Headteacher, Mrs Marie Sandford
- Specialist Leader in Education status for our Assistant Headteacher, Mr Andrew Shields and also for our Mathematics Coordinator, Mrs Vicki Otway.
(disclaimer: We have no control over the content of external websites.)
We also have a number of staff members who were Leading Teachers for the county, providing support to a range of teachers and schools. The leading teacher programme has now ceased but the knowledge and skills gained by these members of staff remains with us.